After so long time of searching Google and other search engines, I have been looking for a good strong, not simple, Issue/Bug management system, I used to use mantis at my ex-company, it's open source one and it's very strong but I heared that it has a couple of security bugs, and honestly the UI is so poor, moreover it's PHP & MySQL based, and I prefer .NET one.
I will not mention the applications I downloaded/installed and then I find them so simple and not satisfying my needs, but I have the pleasure to say that I finally found a good and strong application which is Gemini
Geminin is used by big companies like : DHL , UPS, Motorola.
Gemini is C#/ASP.NET issue management system, it's full featured and it's very powerful, UI is not bad, let me mention the top features I liked about Gemini
- Multi-Project mangement.
- Componentized Projects.
- Time Tracking for issues.
- Adding Custom Fields.
- VSS Integration.
- Strong roles/permissions strategy.
- Supports Firefox.
- Attachements are allowed ( but only one file is allowed which is one restriction I noted ).
- Notifications module, which can be customized.
- Almost everything in Gemini can be customized.
- Rich set of filters and search, and the best one is my work which is a link lists all your issues, and you can create custom filters and save them to be used anytime.
- Issues can be exported to Excel.
- Good Reporting module.
- Supports both Forms and Windows authentication.
- Gantt chart is one good feature.
- You can post issues to Gemini by just sending one email.
Gemini is the one I was looking for I am so happy with it, esp. they provide 10 users free license, and the most thing I liked about Gemini is installation which is piece of cake, you have 2 installation wizards one for DB and the other for the web application, you will just need to send mail to Gemini and get your license key , inster it into your web.config.
Documentation also is a very good one, I find the user guide is a very good resource to know ins and outs of the Gemini, Enjoy it !