- Start a new session or join a running one.
- Share Application: including Microsoft Office Office.
- Share Desktop: Lets participants view whatever you are doing on your computer.
- Share Handouts: by uploading documents/files to be shared with the participants.
- Chat with all participants through a dockable chat window, which is really cool!
SharedView user interface is so similar to Live Meeting, the only thing it misses is voice and video sharing.
Features I Like about SharedView
- The user who is initiaing the session is the only one who is required to have a Windows Live passport, so if you are inviting business users, they can join the meeting with no need to register their own business emails with Windows Live Passport.
- Participants can move thier mouse devices, and whoever is moving his mouse, the view will be shared with all participants, showin his own name along with the mouse cursor, so if you are conducting a presentation and you have a congested window with links and sections simply the participant can point his mouse device to the section he may need to enquire about.
- Chat is really cool!
- Preview window is awesome, it lets the session owner preview what other participants view at the present moment.
- Control of session: at any point of time, the session owner can dedicate control of the session to any of the participants who can write into a Microsoft word document, launch applications right from the session owner's computer. This really helps in situation where you are conducting a demo and you are using an application which is only accessible through your own local netowrk, so you can let particpants check and validate whatever you are demonstraing to them via the SharedView, this is much more powerful rather than creating a VPN connection and install it on participants machines. Any time you want to retain the control of the sesion, simply click your mouse, and the participant who's currently contorling the session will lose control.
- Track Changes: you can switch this feature on, in case you are working with participants on a word document.
- Handouts: You can attach files to your session and whenever any particpant joins the session he will be able to download the handout, this is more powerful than sending them via emails.
Real Life Usage Scenairos
- Maintenance requests: simply if one of your clients/friends has a problem you can take control of his machine and fix any problems.
- Review any kind of documents with other people, including source code files, Word documents, presentation files.
- Conduct product demonstration to clients.
- Collaborate on any kind of files such as Visio designs, or Microsoft Project Plans.
- Let other users use any software on your computer, and send them the end files, with no need to ask them to install the required application.
- You can use it along with conference call and get great results.
- Draw a picture with your best friend :)
Next Features I want to be added
- Voice Integration.
- Video Integration
- SharedView supports up to 15 participants.
- Download it here