WSS 2.0 Fast Installation
After so many trials with installation of Windows Sharepoint Services 2.0 , I got so many problems , once I found my Default website corrupted , so away from Frontpage extensions problems and that stuff I will tell you a workaround to avoid any collapse to IIS, I will not talk about the installation prerequisities and that stuff I asume that you know you run Windows 2003 ( any edition ).
So you will need to do the following :
- type inetmgr , this will open IIS manager.
- right click default website and change the port number to 90 ( any number other than 80 ).
- right click websites and create a new website call it for example WSS.
- assign WSS website a port number 80.
- run setup.
- select Typicall installation.
- it will take up to 5 minutes or more and you will get many command line scripts running.
- after you finish replace port numbers assign 80 for the default website and 90 to WSS.
- you can use this url to run WSS http://localhost:90/default.aspx
Have fun with WSS.