RapTier Code Generator

Today I had a fast visit at the start of the day to the RapTier code generator website , and I liked the idea of the toolbox-like menu to the left.
RapTier is a database based code generators that mainly generates a CRUD ( Create, Retrieve, Update, and Delete) from the database tables , it generates Winforms and Webforms which I found cool , but these days most of the code generators available adhere to this feature, the feature I found cool to is Mono Compatiblity , the applications generated can be run on Mono , Mono is an abstraction open source project made to make .net applications runnable on Linux OS.
RapTier generates Stored Procedures, database documentation, it supports a variety of database engines as
  • MS SQL Server
  • MSDE
  • Oracle
  • Sybase ASE
  • Sybase SQL Anywhere
  • MySQL
  • MS Access
  • FoxPro

You can write your own templates an ASP-like code, RapTier also generates Transactional Code but the code generated is ADO.NET transactional not COM+ .

RapTier is available with 3 Editions RapTier Lite, Professional , and Enterprise. the lite edition is distrubited for free which I have just downloaded and played with it for a couple of minutes I used Northwind database on my localhost. and I found RapTier is so simple to use. you can simple make your DB connection and you decide which VS.NET version you're running which is cool too , then you generate code you will get 2 apps within one solution and a sprocs file which you should run right from your query analyzer before running your application.

I opened the solution file and I run first the webapplication then the windows one , it is simple and straight forward but it misses the relational nature I mean for the orders table in northwind db you cannot get the child order items , I think that this is so odd !.

Anyway I am taken totally by CodeSmith which is the best code generator I ever seen you will find a repository of templates that will satisfy your needs.